Focus On Life
Barry R. Smith, M.D. opened an independent office in 1985 which grew into what is now Eye Surgical and Medical Associates. Michael Boone, M.D., Michael Henry, M.D., and Annie Chang, M.D. provide a comprehensive array of ophthalmology services for the group. The group also includes an optometrist, Allen Denison, who provide vision care and primary eye health care. Our mission is to provide excellent service to our patients in a personal, comfortable, and convenient environment.
We believe that patient education is vital in the process of your care.
Eye Surgical & Medical Associates was developed with the philosophy that "patients count". This is achieved by providing a warm environment, a personal & caring approach to medical care and professional services that cover a wide range of services that meet each patient's "eye care" needs. Whether you are contemplating a surgical procedure, or you want to receive a fitting for your eyeglasses, rest assured, you will be treated like family.
Our Certified Optometrist
Allen Denison is also available for your optometric needs. You can feel confident that, with our dedication to excellence, you and your family will receive the care and professionalism you require.
Explore services we offer:
- Cataract, retinal, refractive & cosmetic surgery
- Exam services for the whole family
- Contact lens fitting & continued care
- Low Vision services
- Optical dispensary
- In addition to our professional services, Eye Surgical & Medical Associates provide excellent patient care with qualified clinical staff. Many of our staff members carry certification in specific areas that they assist our doctors in the care of our patients.
- COA Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
- COT Certified Ophthalmic Technician
- NCLE Certified to fit contact lens & assist the contact lens patient
- ABO Certified to fit glasses
All of the above certifications require sponsorship, study, & passing a certification process. Each certified employee is also responsible for maintaining his or her certification with yearly continuing education credits.